Welcome to Year 3!
In Year 3 we work really hard to make a good start on our journey at the Junior school.
There are three classes:
Class 1 taught by Miss Holder
Class 2 taught by Miss Wheeler
Class 3 taught by Miss Johnson
We have support from Mrs Taylor and Mrs Dicken
Click the link above to see what Year 3 are learning about throughout the year. We all have class Seesaw pages where we can complete our online work.
In Year 3 we like to earn House Points and rewards for our good behaviour and hard work. We can do that by following our year group rules:
Year 3 Rules
- Always do your best work.
- Stay in your seat, if you need help put your hand up.
- Play nicely on the playground and be kind to other people.
- Do not distract people when they are working.
- Don’t talk when other people are talking, put your hand up if you want to speak.
- Move sensibly around school.
- Keep the classroom and cloakroom tidy.
Homework is given out on a Friday and we try to encourage the children to hand this in by the following Friday. Weekly homework can be found on your child's class Seesaw page. Children should be regularly reading at home (their Collins Big Cat book or their free reader book) and recording a comment in their reading logs every time they read. Children should also use Times Tables Rockstars every week as part of their homework. MyMaths and Literacy Planet should also be used.
Here is what we do in Year 3 that links in with SMSC and British Values!