Year 6 Maths
In Year 6, Maths is vital: we not only learn how to use arithmetic processes but we also learn to become resilient mathematicians and problem solvers. We have a little fun along the way!
Year 6 Maths Curriculum
In Year 6, we learn to...
* Read, write, order, compare and round numbers up to 10 000 000, including decimals and negative numbers;
* Add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers up to 4 digits long, using formal written methods;
* Add, subtract, multiply and divide, using efficient mental methods;
* Identify and use properties of numbers including prime, square, cube, factors and multiples;
* Compare, order, find equivalences, add, subtract, multiply and divide fractions, decimals and percentages;
* Use ratio, proportion and scaling to solve problems;
* Understand algebra and carryout calculations involving missing numbers;
* Read, write and convert between units of measure, including length, mass and capacity;
* calculate area and perimeter of rectangles, triangles and shapes made up of these;
* Calculate the volume of cuboids;
* Recognise properties of 2D and 3D shapes and name a range of them (including circles), and identify 3D shapes from their 2d nets;
* Estimate, measure and draw angles within shapes and lines that meet, intersect or bisect;
* Describe positions using co-ordinates grids and translate shapes within them;
* Interpret and draw tables, bar charts, line graphs and pie charts and use mean averages to further interpret data;
* Solve multi-step problems in efficient ways, within all areas of the maths curriculum.
Year 6 Maths Revision Treasure Hunt